Sunday, June 18, 2017

Sangeeta Melekar--song-Raat Bhi Hai Kuchh Bheegi Bheegi

    A translation of this masterpiece by Sahir Ludhianvi, one of my favourite Urdu poets ever. Pardon a few poetic liberties:

    The night is asplash with drizzle.
    Dense clouds overcast.
    The brave moon at half mast
    Holds fort in the choppy skies.
    If you come this way in this mizzle,
    The tinkle of my anklets will open its eyes,
    And find its lost sizzle.
     
    Whom do I tell this?
    How do I tell this?
    What is the state of my heart today
    My thoughts are in disarray.
    There is some peace and bliss 
    but then only slight.
    The pain may have gone away
    But a dull ache I still do fight.

    The dewdrops of love from your eyes dart
    And quell the flames of my scorching heart,
    Before my emotions begin to scatter.
    As a blazing forest stands to gain
    Doused by an incessant rain
    Pitter patter pitter patter.

    My senses may be in a daze
    But my unconsciousness is not absolute.
    The will to attain you is resolute.
    Even if I end up lost in this maze
    And even if the sky today is mostly grays….
    And the dense clouds overcast.
  • Raat bhi hai kuchh bheegi bheegi....

    • 9 years ago
    • 611,873 views
    Mujhe Jeene Do. Sunil Dutt & Wahida Rehman Song without dialogues. Translation: (best as I could :):) The night is filled with mist 

No comments: